Part of the adult services department, our reference librarians have lots of great ways to help you with your information needs in nearly every topic imaginable – from local history to book reports; from health to consumer protection. We can also assist you in obtaining materials from libraries outside of the LION consortium, as well as show you how to use our digital databases and platforms.
How to reach us:
– Phone: 203-389-3434
– Email: email@example.com
– Visit: Stop by and see us or call to make an
We’re here for you. Just ask!
Regarding Interlibrary Loans (ILL) from the Woodbridge Town Library
Please be advised of the following:
– Interlibrary loan is used to obtain materials not available from our LION Consortium partners.
– Patrons may have up to seven (7) interlibrary loans on request or checked out at one time. In special situations, this limit may be adjusted with permission from the Head of Adult Services, or their designee.
– Items published/released in the current year are not available through Interlibrary Loan. This is mainly due to limitations placed by lending libraries.
– We will need your valid Woodbridge Town Library card to place a hold. Patrons from other communities should seek to obtain ILLs from their home libraries.
– The Woodbridge Town Library does not charge a fee for interlibrary loans, although on rare occurrences some libraries do charge a fee when we borrow from them. In those instances, the fee would be passed along to the patron.
When requesting an item, we will ask you for information to help us in locating and identifying the correct item. Please have as many details as possible, including:
– Publication Date
– Format (book, audiobook, magazine, etc.)
– Item not wanted after (date)